Pages

Monday, January 21

Trip to the Mountain

I couldn't possibly visit home without a trip to the mountain! Karri-ann received a snowboard and boots for Christmas like three years ago and still hadn't had the opportunity to try them out! So we decided that a trip up would be our Christmas present to each other this year.  Of course I simply cannot go to the mountain without my snowboard partner Spence, so the three of us packed up and headed out for our snowbound adventure.


Spencer really loves it when I take pictures while he is driving.  He pretty much begs me the whole time to have my camera out to capture all the beautiful moments.  It is quite exhausting  but I love the guy so how could I say no?



By the way did I mention that it was KA's first time snowboarding?  Haha she was in for a treat!


Even if it was her first time, she pulled off the look well :-)


By the time we got to Government Camp we were anxious to get started so we made a quick change of plans and decided on SkiBowl instead of Timberline.  We thought that it would be better suited for a newbie, less expensive, and less crowded.



Pre - fall on our head/face plant smiles






For a newbie KA actually did great!  Even though her body the next day would tell you otherwise.  She was able to do a few good runs and only face-planted a few times.  Two crashes that stand out was when she fell so hard her hat and goggles flew off, and the second was the very end of our last run down the mountain.  I had finished the run before her and was waiting at the bottom expectantly   As I watched her make her way down I was impressed at how much better she had gotten in one day...until the very bottom (in front of everyone getting on the lift) her board catches and she catapults face first into the snow.  I immediately start laughing out loud, then realized I was probably being a huge jerk, then continued to laugh in my head.  Luckily it was the last run of the day because that just about did her in.



It was the perfect day at the mountain with two of my favorite people :-) Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment