Pages

Wednesday, April 18

Terry Bison Ranch


Welcome to Terry Bison Ranch!  
A dude ranch out on the border of Wyoming and Colorado.  While searching for places to stay for our second night I came across this fun little find.  I thought it would be more interesting and authentic to stay somewhere unique than a regular hotel.  I am so glad I found it because it was so cool!  We stayed in "The Bunk House" which was originally built for the cowboys that worked on the ranch in the early 1900's.  We got there late at night and had to leave early in the morning so we unfortunately did not get to meet anyone or do any horseback riding, so before we left we did a little exploring on our own.


I want a quilt like this someday!




We were blessed to have a super clear and sunny day to wake up to.  The ranch was so peaceful in the morning and the sun was just spectacular coming up over the barn and the fields.



Gorgeous!




Chris really wanted to check out all the animals so we hopped up on the boardwalk and wandered over the animals.  We saw llamas, ponies, horses, ostriches, and buffalo.  I was less concerned about checking out the animals and more worried about falling through the rusty metal walkway, so Chris definitely enjoyed it more than I did.  Plus anyone that knows me understands I do not have the same warm hearted feelings towards animals that most people do.  (For those people that don't know me that well - I was born cold-hearted.  Puppies, kitties, babies, etc. do not have much of an affect on me. Shocking I know, but I just can't help it. )





I am a cowgirl at heart



Cowboy Country? YES PLEASE!




Holy buffalo!  These guys were huge!

Even though we were a little spooked when we got there late at night and Chris slept with like 3 knives next to us - it turned out to be a great experience.  I would highly recommend it for anyone that is making the cross country trek to come visit us.  Although allow yourself some more time, I wish we could have stayed longer and gone one some horse riding trails.

After getting pictures of almost every angle of the ranch, Chris finally got me away from the camera and back on the road.  He was anxious to get to our next destination...Sidney, Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment