Pages

Friday, April 6

Oregon, a Place Like No Other


The preparations for the journey was an all day experience.  My dad and Chris started off the day with adding suspension the rear end of the truck.  We needed to fit our whole life into the back of the truck, and needless to say it was a heavy load.


Chris loved being handy and learning how to do it.  It was a great father-in-law / son-in-law bonding experience!


Stud!



So everything you see in this picture needed to fit into the back of the truck.  (Approx. dimensions: 6'x4'x4')  Luckily I have this hidden talent of being able to stuff a bunch of things into all sorts of nooks and crannies and let me tell you those boxes were very strategically packed.  (Also an all day experience).  Many on-lookers had immense doubt that it would all fit, and to be honest I got a little more nervous with every new box added to the stack.


Good news! It all fit, amazingly! We fit everything down to the last inch with even a little breathing room in the cab.


The little engine that could ...  I think I can, I know I can, I know I can!


Chris' Comments: When asked how he felt about having everything in the back of the truck "It's awesome we fit everything into a short bed Ranger truck.  It is so cool having everything we own in 24 square feet.  I like that we don't have anything holding us back, to me everything is just stuff, the most important part of this truck is sitting next to me (Rachel), and everything else is just icing on the cake."






I have always loved Oregon, I love being an Oregonian, and I am quite proud of it.  Just like fellow Oregonians I complain and complain about the rain and the gloom and more rain.  We were lucky to have a clear day on the way out, and it was such a blessing because everything stood out just a little bit greener and brighter knowing it was the last time I was going to see the trees and mountains for awhile. Yes, even though Oregon rains and it is annoying, it is the rain that makes everything so beautiful.





Chris' Comments: "I love the open road, there was only like 5 cars on the road.  The openness made me feel free, cities and people make me feel claustrophobic, openness represents a more simple way of life."


Chris' Comments: "It was such a surreal feeling, it felt like we were just going on a long drive, it did not feel like we were leaving.  It felt kinda like we were just heading down to Southern Oregon to go camping."



Oregon seriously rocks - no other place like it one earth!






Well as it turns out we love Oregon so much we decided to turn around for one last look.  This is false -  in actuality I missed the "Welcome to Idaho" sign so Chris, being the loving and supportive husband that he is, happily turned around so we could get a picture on the second try.  So naturally I got a Welcome to Oregon picture on the way back.  Isn't he such a doll :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment