Pages

Tuesday, April 10

Day Two: Idaho, Utah, Wyoming

Daily Agenda:
Drive from Boise, ID to Cheyenne, WY








This is rare photo evidence of me driving.  Chris didn't take any pictures of me driving because he wanted everyone to believe that he drove the whole way, in truth I spent most of the time behind the wheel. NBD (no big deal)


We started day two with a beautiful sunrise over the mountains.  It was hard to drive because I wanted to watch the colors change in the sky as the sun came up.  As we have discovered on our trip and while being out here - the sun rises and sunsets are spectacular!  The sky is so open and big that the colors go forever and ever.  It is like God is a toddler set loose with finger paints and he definitely doesn't stay in between the lines.

                                   

Southern Idaho is really beautiful.



Welcome to Utah: Check! (after the Idaho sign mishap we were prepped and ready for this one, glad to say we got it on the first try!)




Welcome to Ogden, Utah; a quirky little town with a neat historic downtown area.  I don't know if it was the fact it was the first time we were able to get out and walk around, or the beautiful mountain backdrop, or the novelty of being somewhere new - but Chris and I just loved this little place.


Pawn shop sign "No trespassing. Violators will be shot survivors will be shot again"  Lets just say I am a double whammy survivor - made it past this sign without even a scratch.  Thank you Dr. Paul J. Puffer for my wonderful set of teeth, thanks to my undeniable smile I was able to dodge the bullet and make a potty stop.  Who knew someday these teeth would save my life?!



The Great Adventure road trip would not be complete without Chris holding a sword for a picture.  


Fun fact - this is an early American made sword modeled after the Japanese samurai sword.  Well apparently the Americans made it too big (go figure) and it actually broke the arms of the soldiers who used them, not to mention the hassle it must have been to un-sheath the dang thing!  


This was an interesting advertising method for a sock and nylon store - definitely grabbed our attention!


Having the historic downtown buildings with the picturesque mountain top background made it seem like we were walking through a movie.  


Union Station: supposedly a cool thing that had something to do with the railroad building process that made Ogden famous in the first place.  I did what any natural tourist would do, I got a picture in front of it to say that I did, without really knowing why it was so cool.  Good thing I can check that off my bucket list!


If anyone had any question in their mind about the hippie status of Chris and I...this is maybe the first store we decided to go into, just maybe.



See now this is a picture worth taking!  


If only I had a tandem bicycle!


Lunch! Lucky Slice Pizza = absolutely delicious.  shhhh don't tell my paleo friends...


Confirmed hippie status
Peace. Love. Pizza.


Welcome to Wyoming: Check!


Well this picture pretty much sums up Wyoming


Lucky for us we found some fun along the way and held our breath through the tunnels.  I died laughing when we were holding our breath for the picture then as soon as I took the picture Chris let out all his air and started smiling and we weren't to the end of the tunnel yet!  Haha the silly kid forgot that the whole point is to hold your breath to the end!  Lucky Wyoming exists or this valuable lesson would have gone un-learned.


Next up: Terry Bison Ranch!



No comments:

Post a Comment