Pages

Monday, November 3

Office Upcycle

My office space felt really crabby and un-inviting and was in desperate need of a face-lift.  I have a lot of writing ahead of me and I figured I needed a space that would help stimulate good thinking. So I went to Goodwill to see what kind of treasures I could find.

Before







Chalkboard Project
$3 picture from Goodwill
$5 Chalkboard spray paint



I took the glass out of the frame and sprayed three different thin coats, let it dry overnight and put the glass back into the frame.


After


Bulletin board - repainted the border and added scrapbook paper for inside trim
Filing cabinet - spray painted with soft green spray paint I found in the basement
Floating shelf - Found at Goodwill for $1 and spray painted green to match filing cabinet
Frames - $1 each at Goodwill and put chevron style scrapbook paper inside
Desk - spray painted dark chocolate color
Added a string of white lights to brighten the corner and voila!
Approx $25 total cost for this project!








No comments:

Post a Comment