Pages

Sunday, March 20

Painting and Planking

Technically, we are a few steps ahead of this now - but I don't want anyone to miss out on the progress of the living room/kitchen project.  Other than knocking out the wall initially and dreaming up possibilities for the space a few months back, this part was one of my favorites. From the get go I was not a fan of the color scheme in the living room or the kitchen.  Kitchen was a little more obvious - faded bright yellow paired with old dark wood cabinets was just not my taste.  The living room was much better, but it still just felt like a tan bomb - tan ceiling, tan walls, and tan carpet. To me if felt dreary and dark. I knew that a fresh coat of paint would dramatically change the space, so I was very excited to finally be able to slap some new color on the walls and ceiling!

Painting the Kitchen




The kitchen before

Painting the ceiling - so fresh!


Getting paint everywhere!


The lighting isn't the best in these pictures, some of the later pics will do it better justice

Painting the Living Room


I had some wonderful help on the big paint day; Audrey taped, painted primer, and did trim work!

Still getting paint everywhere...




See ya later brown bomb


We picked a warm white color for the walls in the kitchen and the living.  It really brightens up the whole space and the finished product looks great!

Painting Cabinets

My least favorite thing to paint, next to trim


 
Again, I am so lucky to have wonderful people to help! Kate killed it on these drawers.






Planking

While Audrey and I were hard at work taping, trimming, and painting - the guys were hard at work creating a wood plank wall extending from the beam support to the archway leading to the hall.








Looks seriously awesome, and this man is happy :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment