Pages

Tuesday, March 1

Cabinet Slaying


Well I am a week and a half behind on this much promised post - sorry, but sorry I'm not that sorry - life has been so crazy!  My project manager (aka Chris) has set a tough agenda and I'm just trying to meet the deadlines!
Back track to two weekends ago.... We delightfully had roommates for the weekend.  The Riccolos had some unfortunate stuff going on at their apartment, so they bunked in our guest room with little miss Lu (the dog) and jumped right into our projects!


Chris and Pat got after the mudding on the drywall, which I was glad because I was not looking forward to that!  Instead, Jenna and I occupied ourselves with some mudding of our own - bentonite clay mud mask and other beauty concoctions!


Then Saturday was the big day for Cabinet Slaying!  Josh and Amy even made the trip down for some extra demolition help.

Buh-bye Cabinets



And then it all came off...







 It is probably hard to tell that the cabinets are gone due to the discoloration and grime build-up - yeah super gross.  Lots of elbow grease got that off, and a few coats of primer (upcoming post).

Task 2: Finish Pantry


Amy and I put our hands to work (literally) at staining all the wood to finish building the pantry (pre-hallway closet flip-flopped).


...While Josh wielded the gun nailer thingy


...Project manager...yeah.



The finished product turned out great!  
I can't wait to get all sorts of fun organizational storage containers!


 After the work crew left, Chris finished the siding on the kitchen side.


Annnnd the day was finished!  We subtracted the cabinets and added a pantry! 
Next steps: paint walls, ceiling, trim, everything.  Install shelving. Install stove hood. Template and install countertops. Sew window valance and pantry curtain. Decorate. Boom.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are making a lot of progress! I can't wait to see the finished project. Love keeping up with you guys from a distance :)

    ReplyDelete