Pages

Thursday, August 7

Joy that is Inexpressible

"Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith - more precise that gold that perishes through it is tested by fire - may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 
1 Peter 1:3-9 (ESV)


What more is there to be said?  This passage of scripture is absolutely my go-to.  It is so deep with truth, yet it is also so simple and straightforward.  I am so thankful for the mercy God has for me, I am thankful He sent his Son for me, I feel safe knowing that He will never let me go.  I know that even in the midst of hard times He is always faithful and good.  I know that even though I can't see him in a tangible sense I can look at my own life, my own heart, the people around me and see his workings in everything.  He is my strength and my rock and just like Peter said I "rejoice with a joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory."

No comments:

Post a Comment