Pages

Wednesday, August 27

Coffee and Ice Cream

When I'm not being studious behind my laptop, glasses perched on my nose and mozart plugged into my ears, I am working at either Cool Spoons Frozen Yogurt and Treats or Common Grounds Coffeehouse.  To answer your question, yes I get free coffee and ice cream. Dream job(s). 





Cool Spoons is like any other self-serve frozen yogurt shop.  However, we are not a corporation.  Don & Jill Johnson designed and opened their very own, one of a kind store.  The ice cream flavors change with the season and we also have a variety of gelatos, frozen yogurts, and sorbets. 


There are over 150 toppings!


I discovered Common Grounds Coffehouse when we first moved to Carbondale.  It is pretty much the only place in town that knows how to do coffee right!  I have done almost every single grad school assignment in this place.  I have also written my entire thesis (this far) here.  Not to mention the hundreds of coffee dates with good friends!



Espresso hot, iced or frozen. Loose leaf tea. Green tea matcha. Whole fruit smoothies. Hot chocolate. Steamers. Not to mention MJ's (owner) homemade coffee cake!
I also like experimenting with my own concoctions 



All of the hot coffee is ground fresh from the bean, hand pressed, then goes straight to the espresso machine.  I love working the hot drinks because I really like 1) the smell of fresh coffee, and 2) making the milk jusssst right. It is my goal to be able to make a "leaf" or a "heart" in the latte before I am done!

No comments:

Post a Comment