Pages

Thursday, July 12

Home

WE GOT TO COME HOME!
Our dear Uncle Nick is to blame :-)

This was an under-the-radar trip home that we didn't tell very many people about because it was a big surprise for Bob for his 50th Birthday.  The surprise was a huge success!  We flew in Wednesday afternoon and enjoyed a delightful lunch with my parents at B-dubbs.  Audrey had planned a casual birthday dinner for Bob and had invited over Uncle Nick and the grandparents.  When my parents dropped Chris and I off we secretly met Audrey in the front with a video camera, we devised a quick plan-of-attack which included a hilarious sight of Chris and I crawling around the back deck on all fours.  (I went with the buns in the air style because I didn't want to get the knees of my jeans dirty, which I'm sure added to the sight.)  The excitement and anticipation of the surprise was bubbling up out of us both!  We popped up at the last second and walked through the back door like it was no big deal. The girls (who also did not know we were coming) burst into tears, Bob dropped the knife he was cutting the ribs with (thankfully not taking his finger off with it), and speechlessly ran around the corner and gave us the biggest and warmest embrace.  It was perfect!  

It was a kick-off to a few days of many cherished memories.


I woke up Thursday morning and enjoyed gluten-free quiche at The White Rabbit in Aurora.  A gluten-free bakery that is filled with charming antique furniture and decor.  It was some much needed mother/daughter time.

Chris spent the morning with his pops - and I am not really sure what they did.

Thursday was my dad's birthday, which meant happy hour at the RAM in Wilsonville! We tested out their 'Butt Face' amber and seasonal chocolate stout with Aunt Cindy, Jimbo, Bobby & Lynnette, mom and Spence.  In my professional expert beer snobbery opinion: I enjoyed both!  The chocolate stout was actually fairly light, with I liked, but usually I would prefer a heavier stout.  The 'Butt Face' just makes me smile every time I hear the name!  

We moved the party back home to the house for some din-din and more family and friends!
(Also very proud to say that I got my father and Big Steve to eat 2 brussel sprouts! and lo-and-behold they actually liked them!  Check out the Fitness & Nutrition page for the recipe)



Dad & Spence reluctantly opened presents in front of everyone.  Spence enjoyed a BBQ themed bday and my dad is set of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat for awhile.  Well minus the few I snagged for the campfire :-) 




Friday
The fun continued!  Chris headed off to Corvegas to visit the Performace Center and hang out with lil brother Joshy.  I enoyed a delicious sushi-track lunch with my daddio in Wilsonville.  Which, by the way, is actually a really good sushi track place.  Out of all the ones I have been to it would rate as one of the best.  Of course it doesn't compare to Sada or Aamatsu in Corvallis!


Tj and I had some girly time later in the afternoon.  We treated ourselves to pedi's, Starbucks, and a goofball photo shoot.  She is so cool!  



BFF!!!!!!
Karri-ann and I were reunited!  Oh my goodness do I love this girl to pieces!  We had an adventurous night, as we always do!  We met J. Estrad for happy hour at McCormick & Schmicks in Bridgeport - they pour a generous glass of 14 Hands and the sweet potato fries are delicious.  The three of us gossiped and got all caught up it was simply fabulous.


The rest of our night included meeting new friends at Wankers in Wilsonville, having a deep discussion about the Monsanto conspiracy with Britton over a campfire at Levi & Amandas, and a last-minute decision to enjoy a pancake breakfast at Dennys at 4:00am!  


Yes Dennys included a typical KA & R photoshoot - don't judge, just be inspired


Saturday
BOB'S 50th Birthday Surprise!
Yes we had another birthday surprise for Bob, but this time it included a lot more people.  We all secretly gathered at Bethany Church and Audrey played Damsel in Distress by calling Bob and saying her car broke down in the parking lot.  Even though he saw people through the window he was still pleasantly surprised.  

As always Audrey made some delicious food and Grandma Stutzman made some killer cake and cupcakes.  I definitely indulged myself to glutton status.




Birthday boy & his beautiful honey



The kids


Our last night was spent with a few of our peeps at the house, telling old stories and enjoying the campfire.


During a time in my life when there have been a lot of "whys" "ifs" "who am I" and "what in the world is my purpose in this world?!' A trip back home was more than needed.  This adventure out to Illinois has been an experience filled with many un-expected lessons and struggles.  Which I won't get into now - but seeing our families and close friends brought so much joy, healing, and rejuvenation.  I was broken-hearted to leave Oregon again, but I left with a smile in my heart knowing we have so many people who love and support us.  I don't know what the future holds, but the one thing that is for certain is I am counting down the seconds to when we can come home again!

Thank you everyone for making it such an enjoyable trip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment