Pages

Monday, July 23

4th of July

I don't know if you all have been watching the national weather on the news...but it has kinda, sorta been a little warm over here.  When I say warm I actually mean 105 degrees + humidity.  OREGONIANS STOP COMPLAINING!!!  I cannot tell you what I would do for a nice 65 degree, slightly overcast day.  People, I can't go out to the mailbox and back without dripping sweat off my face! We can't even open the windows at night because it doesn't drop below 85.  When I get off work at 2:30am I am still sweating.  Even the apartment swim pools that I frequent are warm because the darn water from the lakes are warm and there is no way to cool it off!!!  I am literally melting...no seriously. 

Ok, now that I got that off my chest....yay for the 4th of July!  Well minus the parade, festival, or fireworks.  Yep you heard me.  No parade. No festival. No fireworks.  Um isn't the midwest supposed to be super duper patriotic?!?! Whatever.  We made the best of it and made our own awesome all-American BBQ feast.


As all-American as we could make it - burgers with fixins, watermelon, chips & dip, fresh green kale salad (from our garden), French's Mustard, Hunt's Ketchup, and American flags.


God Bless America and God Bless Homemade Guacamole



 Chris went off into the wild to hunt down some sticks for s'mores


Despite the fire-ban on Carbondale due to the heat and lack of rain we stuck it to the man and grilled our burgers on an open flame. Take that!



So s'mores were fun and delicious.  Thankfully we didn't need a fire to melt our mallos or chocolate because it was so darn hot outside still.  Naw, just kidding.  We only stayed outside for about fifteen minutes though!



No comments:

Post a Comment