Pages

Friday, May 25

Green Thumb

Since we have such a large backyard and a desire to eat non-GMO foods and save money....we decided to plant a garden!  It was somewhat interesting because I truly have no idea what I am doing, and Chris thinks he has an idea, but I suspect he is mostly guessing.  Being too impatient and lazy to buy a book about gardening to find out how to properly plant things, I just hopped in the truck and bought a bunch of stuff.


Manure
Topsoil
Shovel/Hoe
Cinder blocks
Veggie plants


We conveniently have a space right next to the back of the house where the grass was a little dead, and the foundation of the house and side of the back patio create a half-box shape.  We started putting our muscles to work!



Voila!


Yay for multi-tasking!  
I was hard at work with the garden and conveniently getting my tan on at the same time :-)




The planting was a success!  Now we will just have to wait and see if the plants actually grow or not. Keep your fingers crossed LOL


How lucky am I? I get to watch muscle-man mow the backyard - it is a lovely sight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment